There is more to keeping your swimming pool clean than adding chemicals. Many small pieces of debris can end up in your pool, such as leaves, flower petals, bugs and pollen, all of which you need to vacuum up out of the pool. You could do it manually, but that’s a chore, for sure. We think the way to go for pristine pool care is to invest in a robotic pool cleaner and save yourself a lot of work. What are the best robotic pool cleaners in 2022? Let’s take a look at the main types of automatic pool cleaners and the qualities to look for in the best of the best.
The Suction-Side Pool Cleaner
This type of pool cleaner attaches to your pool skimmer and pulls its suction from your pool pump and pool filter for power. Any debris they suction up gets dumped into your filter basket and filter, creating wear and tear on it over time. They require a lot of suction and cut off a considerable amount of suction from the pool skimmer while they are working. They are the least expensive option after manual cleaners.
The Pressure-Side Pool Cleaner
Pressure-side pool cleaners may require the purchase of a separate booster pump. Alternatively, they may run off your pool pump and filtration system, which affects the pool’s filtration system while the cleaner is in use. These types of cleaners suction up debris, but do not scrub your pool’s surface. They may not climb up the sides of the pool, either.
The Robotic Pool Cleaner
We think that the robotic pool cleaner is the best of all worlds when it comes to pool care. They come with a heftier price tag than the aforementioned automatic pool cleaners, but overall, do a job that is so effective that it is worth the extra investment. They do not rely on your pool’s pump and filtration system but are stand-alone devices with separate debris collection canisters. They actually work as a second filtration system for your pool. Some models climb and scrub the pool walls, vacuum debris off the pool floor, and even scrub steps and the waterline.
Features to Look for in a Robotic Pool Cleaner
Purchasing a robotic pool cleaner could be one of the best decisions you can make in regard to keeping your pool clean without having to spend hours doing the work yourself. However, you want to make the best possible choice when it comes time to select one. Here are some attributes to look for.
- Wide rubber wheels will provide the best traction for climbing walls and steps.
- Lightweight. You will need to remove the robotic cleaner from the pool each time it completes it cycle, so the lighter the weight, the easier this task will be.
- The robotic pool cleaner needs to be plugged into an outlet, so a swivel cord will eliminate tangling.
- Good quality brushes to enable thorough scrubbing of walls, steps, and pool waterline.
- “Smart” feature, that tells the device when it is stuck, so it can change direction.
- A programmable option allows for auto shut off once the job is complete. You can leave the robotic cleaner unattended while you are out and know that it will shut off when the pool is clean.
- Look for an “energy-efficient” seal on the robotic cleaner. This is good for the environment and will save you money in the long run.
- Buy the best quality name-brand robotic pool cleaner you can afford. These models will stand the test of time. When you take care to remove your cleaner from the pool after use, and occasionally replace brushes, filter bags, and tires, your cleaner will provide years of excellent service.
Fronheiser Pools hopes these tips on how to choose the best robotic pool cleaners in 2022 will be useful to you. We are proud to carry the Pentair Prowler robotic pool cleaner, which we feel offers superior pool cleaning and scrubbing all the way from the pool floor to the waterline. Stop by our showrooms in Bally and Sinking Spring to get more information or call one of our pool experts today at (610) 845-2221.