If you are thinking about purchasing a hot tub, you probably have some questions. The big one at the top of your list is probably “How much does a hot tub cost in 2022?” Unquestionably, there is a range of prices for hot tubs and the main factors determining the cost are the features your hot tub comes with. Fronheiser Pools knows there are hot tubs for every budget, and we want to help you make the best selection for your family. Let’s take a look at what you get in the four main price categories of hot tubs in 2022.
Affordable Entry Level Hot Tub CostMost entry-level hot tubs are what are called “plug ‘n’ play” models. The cost will range from $3,000- $6,000+. They are a great option for first-time buyers who want to see if a hot tub is something they will use often and enjoy. These hot tubs are lightweight and portable, which means that you can take them with you if you move! They also don’t require any special wiring and can be plugged into a standard 110V outlet and used right away. Here’s what you get:
- Rotomolded cabinet and shell. The rotomolding process is one where a polyethylene resin is poured into a mold and spun to coat the mold. The cabinet and shell are one unit.
- Operate on 110V.
- Lightweight enough to be moved from one location to another.
- Basic seating and jet options.
- Come with standard insulation which makes them less energy-efficient than higher-priced models.
- May take longer to heat up.
Value Priced Hot Tub CostAverage or “value” priced hot tubs are the next step up from an entry-level spa. They typically range in price from $5,000-$8,000+. Hot tubs in this price range come with a decent number of features, are more energy-efficient, and will have a longer warranty period. What can you expect?
- A molded acrylic shell and separate outer wood-like cabinet.
- Requires 220V wiring.
- Circuit seating for 4-6 people. Lounge seat option.
- Better insulation than the entry-level models.
- Improved jet performance.
- Bonus features such as LED lighting, water spray jets, and LCD control panels.
- Built-in sanitizing systems.
- Longer warranty.
Premium Hot Tub Model CostWith a premium hot tub model, there are even more options for the buyer to enjoy. The price range for hot tubs in this category is from $8,000-$11,000+. Buyers find that hot tubs in the premium category often have features that are energy-saving and cost less to operate than lower-priced models. The options for add-ons are impressive.
- Well-built, attractive cabinetry.
- Ergonomic seating for 4-6 people.
- Lounge seating for one or more.
- Powerful jets that are adjustable.
- Improved insulation that lowers heating costs.
- More powerful pump, heating system, and filtration. Quality components that require less maintenance over time.
- Automatic controls, advanced sanitizing systems, salt sanitation option.
- Attractive warranty package.
Luxury-Level Hot Tub Model CostA luxury-level hot tub will cost between $12,000-$20,000+. Everything about hot tubs in this category is top-tier quality. They come with superior construction, components, and insulation. The features are carefully considered and are of the highest level available. What can you expect of a spa in this category?
- Deluxe cabinetry.
- Ergonomic seating for 6-8 people, including lounge chair seating.
- A higher number of powerful hydrotherapy jets target multiple areas of the body including the neck, feet, hips, and even wrists.
- Superior insulation provides the lowest operating cost and energy savings.
- Many custom options are available such as touchscreen and wireless control, Bluetooth audio, TV screens, waterfalls, and changeable LED lighting.
- High-efficiency filters with a salt sanitation option.
- Energy-efficient pump and heating system.
- Most extensive warranty.
- Extremely long-lasting, up to 20+ years.