Professional Pool Water Testing: What Am I Testing For?When you do an at-home water test using test strips or a water testing kit, you are looking for readings on chlorine levels, pH, total alkalinity, calcium hardness, and cyanuric acid. Read your test kit instructions carefully and familiarize yourself with the ideal levels in each category.
How Often Do I Need to Test My Pool Water?You should be in the habit of testing your pool water at least once a week for general maintenance. There are occasions when you will want to test your water more often or consult with a professional. These times may be:
- After a big storm, or excessive rainfall. Wait at least eight hours after the rain has stopped to collect your water sample.
- After a big pool party or a period of heavy usage.
- If you have had an algae infestation and aren’t sure if things are back to normal.
- When you close your pool for the winter season, it is a good idea to have your water professionally tested.
- At the time of spring re-opening, it may be helpful to have the professionals check your chemical levels and make recommendations.
- Any time you are having issues or are uncertain about how to treat chemical imbalances.
What’s the Procedure for Professional Pool Water Testing?To get a professional water testing, simply collect a sample of water from your pool and bring it in to Fronheiser Pools. You can call to schedule your FREE water test at . We will test your water through our incredible computer testing system and provide you with recommendations on exactly what your pool water needs. We even offer curbside pickup on any chemicals you may need to bring your water back into balance. How Do I Collect a Sample?
- Use a clean, rinsed out water bottle or water test bottle.
- Collect your water sample somewhere in between your skimmer and return jets for the best reading.
- Dip the bottle at least 12 inches deep into the water. Immerse the bottle upside down, with the opening pointing toward the bottom of the pool. Turn it right side up and let it fill.
- Cover the bottle and bring a fresh sample to Fronheiser Pools on the day of your scheduled appointment. Don’t take it to work with you all day or let it sit in your car.